Welcome to Branham Athletics. Here are the steps to follow to tryout for a sport:
1. Schedule a sports physical with a physician.
The next round of sports physicals is scheduled at BHS for Tuesday, October 24th 2017 at 2:45pm in the Athletic Training Room (first come, first served, cost is $20). Bring a completed copy of the 2017-18 Athletic Physical Form (See below) for the doctor to sign.
You may also schedule a sports physical with your family physician or with the office of Dr. Tomlinson at 3076 Union Ave, 408-559-3626 for $20. Bring the 2017-18 Athletic Physical Form (See below) with you for the doctor to fill out. Student/athletes and parents complete the rest of this form.
2. Complete the online registration process. Go to www.athleticclearance.com and create an account. You will need to upload your completed Athletic Physical Examination Form to complete the process. Step by step instructions may be found here:
Student-Athletes must have insurance coverage in order to participate in sports. Information about one insurance option may be found here:
Welcome to Branham Athletics. Here are the steps to follow to apply for a coaching position at Branham High School:
- Contact the Athletic Director (AD) regarding the position desired with a letter of interest and resume. Following the screening process, the AD may contact you for an interview.
- Once offered the position, the AD will direct you through the process of getting cleared with Campbell Union High School District (CUHSD).
- Once cleared by CUHSD, all coaches must complete the following certifications and provide copies of each to the AD.
Coaching Certification (LIFETIME CERTIFICATION, $50)
– take the Fundamentals of Coaching course Concussion Certification (FREE)
- Recertification Required every 2 years
under Courses>Free Courses> click "Concussion in Sports" (you may need to register first) Sudden Cardiac Arrest Certification (FREE) - Recertification Required every 2 years
take the Sudden Cardiac Arrest course (you may need to register first) CPR, First Aid, & AED Training - Recertification Required every 2 years
Coaches may schedule these courses for themselves or contact the AD for CUHSD scheduled classes.
Questions? Please contact Athletic Director Landon Jacobs
Fill out the attached form and submit to the main office.