The CUHSD Board of Trustees has determined that our school district will conform to the state and county decision that after March 11, 2022 masks will be strongly recommended in our schools, but not required under a number of conditions:
- The decision will be for each individual to make. Staff are to take any actions necessary to maintain an environment of kindness and respect so that no one is made to feel harassed for their decision whether to wear or not to wear a mask.
- The district’s additional COVID mitigation efforts continue, including: making masks available, offering COVID-19 testing, having classrooms with adequate ventilation measures, and requiring unvaccinated staff to test at least twice a week.
- Any student who comes to school displaying symptoms of any respiratory infection or COVID-19 symptoms will be required to mask immediately, report to the health office, and likely be sent home.
- Masks will continue to be required in any indoor space on our site where healthcare is being administered including, but not limited to, the nurse’s office and the health office.
- A mask mandate may be reinstated should between Board meetings the state or county guidance change or we see a significant change at an individual school site.
The district will remain vigilant in continually monitoring conditions and appreciates everyone’s cooperation so far in doing what it takes to keep students and staff safe and schools open.