Welcome to Branham Athletics. Here are the steps to follow to tryout for a sport:
1. Schedule a sports physical with a physician.
The next round of sports physicals is scheduled at BHS for Wednesday, 10/30/19 at 2:30pm in the Athletic Training Room (first come, first served, cost is $20). Bring a completed copy of the 2019-20 Athletic Physical Form (See below) for the doctor to sign.
You may also schedule a sports physical with your family physician. Bring the 2019-20 Athletic Physical Form (See below) with you for the doctor to fill out. Student/athletes and parents complete the rest of this form.
NOTE: ONLY PHYSICALS COMPLETED AFTER JUNE 9TH, 2019 WILL BE VALID FOR THE 2019-20 SCHOOL YEAR.
2. Complete the online registration process. Go to www.athleticclearance.com and create an account. You will need to upload your completed Athletic Physical Examination Form to complete the process. Step by step instructions may be found here:
Student-Athletes must have insurance coverage in order to participate in sports. Information about one insurance option may be found here:
Welcome to Branham Athletics. Here are the steps to follow to apply for a coaching position at Branham High School:
- Contact the Athletic Director (AD) regarding the position desired with a letter of interest and resume. Following the screening process, the AD may contact you for an interview.
- Once offered the position, the AD will direct you through the process of getting cleared with Campbell Union High School District (CUHSD).
- Once cleared by CUHSD, all coaches must complete the following certifications and provide copies of each to the AD.
Coaching Certification (LIFETIME CERTIFICATION, $50)
– take the Fundamentals of Coaching course. This is a lifetime certification Concussion Certification (FREE)
- Recertification Required every 2 years
under Courses>Free Courses> click "Concussion in Sports" (you may need to register first) Sudden Cardiac Arrest Certification (FREE) - Recertification Required every 2 years
take the Sudden Cardiac Arrest course (you may need to register first)
Heat Illness Prevention Certification (FREE) - Recertification Required every 2 years
CPR, First Aid, & AED Training - Recertification Required every 2 years
take the Heat Illness Prevention course (you may need to register first)
Coaches may schedule these courses for themselves or contact the AD for CUHSD scheduled classes.
Questions? Please contact Athletic Director Landon Jacobs
Please find forms below pertaining to students driving themselves to athletic events, parents releasing their student to be driven to athletic events and parents driving other students to athletic events.
Please submit completed forms to the BHS Main Office.